View Single Post
Old
11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
dcyhabs

vCash: 500
I hope Gainey does not do much, he would not be dealing from strength and Montreal's pro scouting does not have a strong recent history (Samsonov over Dumont, lots of solid players dumped (Conroy, Robidas, Ribeiro, Hainsey, Beauchemin...)).

I doubt that clearing out anyone Martin (and Peary, though given his recent PP-killing history I don't see why anyone would listen to him) doesn't like will make the team better. Latendresse may not have been very coachable here, but I'm sure Lemaire will find a way to get him to listen and I thought he looked good this year in spite of his lack of production.

That said the cap would have to go up significantly for Bob to keep everyone, and he needs to sign Plekanec long term. I hope he succeeds in dumping salary without trading the remaining prospects (Subban, mainly) and picks. It is going to be a tough run as most of the big contracts are new and all the other teams are trying to reduce salary as well. I guess Hamrlik, Halak, and Andrei are the main candidates, but Andrei and Halak have not peaked (their value will likely rise in a year or two) and the habs need Hamrlik.

Going to be a tough year for Bob. Maybe they leave Gomez on the IR for the rest of his contract, refuse to let him come back like the Flyers did with Briere?