View Single Post
Old
11-28-2009, 06:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I don't think Kovalchuk will leave Atlanta. Though, if he did, why would he decide to do so only to sign in Phoenix? It seems like the two teams are too similar for that. What would be the point? What can we offer that Atlanta can't?

Marleau might move on. He's an excellent player, no doubt. He'll be thirty one years old when he begins earning his next contract. This season he's playing on the NHL's deadliest line with the league's best playmaker, and one of the world's greatest goalscorers. He's spent the last half decade with Thornton on the team as well. I'm not saying he's not good on his own, we all know that he his. It's just I'd be worried about handing him a retirement contract to come play on a team with out anything anywhere near the talent he's enjoyed being surrounded by thus far in his career.

Frolov is interesting, and will almost definitely hit the market. He's so intelligent, strong, and skilled on the ice. Questionable attitude, heart, and drive, though. Struggles with consistency, but is still fairly young. He's always been a Coyote killer and I'm a huge fan of his game. I don't know if there is a better potential line mate for Martin Hanzal, either. Still, he'll be making big, big money and will probably get a long-term deal. With all of the character questions swirling around him, I'd be very hesitant to make such a large commitment.

I'd be scared to just add willy nilly because we're so desperate for any kind of offense. The long-term implications of these big money deals are pretty serious.

Of course the other issue is roster spots. Which forwards would you be okay with letting go? Lang and Pyatt probably. Who else? How long do we keep Turris, Boedker, Porter, Tikhonov, MacLean, etc., etc. off of the NHL roster?

Last edited by rt: 11-28-2009 at 06:33 PM.