View Single Post
Old
11-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
You jumped on me last night for calling him "worthless". Now there are a dozen players on the team worse than him? Not likely. Admit it he sucks.
I can only name 2 forwards on this team generating more scoring chances than Higgins. If this sucky player is getting more opportunity's than his peers, what does that say about them?

Higgins was struggling real bad early in the season. He was terrible, actually. But his game has elevated significantly.

Right now the only problem with Higgins' game, is his lack of scoring. He's hitting the post, or getting robbed, or catching the puck on an angle, etc.. He's snake-bitten. But he's playing good hockey. He's forcing turnovers, winning 1-on-1 battles, and so on. He also has been close to terrific defensively.

How many other players on this roster can you say this about?

. . . .

. . . . . .

Instead, you whine about Lisin not getting ice-time. Lisin. We traded Korpikoski, for a one-dimensional player who does have offensive tools, but rarely displays them.

I've seen plenty of Envers kind. They put up a couple of sexy youtube highlights, and you guys ultimately fall in love with them because you think that's what Hockey is about.

If you honestly believe Higgins is worthless, then explain to me how he's averaged over 20G a year throughout his career? Don't hate him for not being a great 1st line player. Learn to appreciate the finer details in the game before calling a pretty good two-way NHL player, worthless.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote