View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 06:19 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
The thing that worries me most about that hit is that it seems like players feel they have a green light for cheap shots against us

The rangers need to respond in spectacular fashion

in my opinion, winning the game tomorrow should be secondary behind sending a message to Bettman and rest of the NHL

also,i just love how much "just having brashear in the line up will scare players away from throwing dirty hits and cheap shots"

yup, they've really been pissing their pants out there
Exactly. Last year Betts, this year Drury and Anisimov (not to mention how many times Hank has been run). Back in the 90's you would have had a slew of players (Mess, Graves, Kocur, Buek, Cirella and so on) exacting revenge.

That crap has got to stop tonite. On the first shift you run Crybaby or Lurch headfirst into the boards. Don't care if they break their frickin' necks. Don't care how long Buttman suspends the player. Will tell you that for the rest of the season no one in a Rangers uniform will get hit up high again.

The biggest joke is that none of these hits, which all resulted in suspensions, where called as penalties. Instead of worrying about what Avery says and does, maybe Buttman and the league should set up classes to teach the refs what are and what are not penalties.