Thread: Pahlsson
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Renion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
What else do you people want from the guy?

I like Sammy a lot, but I also told you all at the time that I didn't like the terms of the contract. I think we are seeing the classic Marchant Syndrome- contract breeding unrealistic expectations leading to dissatisfaction with the player.

If he's playing less physical than expected, I think some of that is the result of our team's system, which ha always seemed to prioritize positioning over finishing checks.
I had no illusions about Pahlsson, and until Plucky mentioned it recently, I'd even forgotten his contract--which I'd never "blame" him for anyway. When we got him, it was frequently said that he'd be a step down offensively from Malhotra, and a step up defensively. I'd say that's probably true to this point. I would like to see him having a bit more impact in the offensive zone; but, again, I'm not really down on the guy.

It's been my impression--and I don't have anything but impressions to back this up--that he hasn't been used in the shutdown role a great deal this season. That might just be because I'm thinking of road games where it's harder to match the lines up appropriately, but I keep seeing our top line get dominated by other teams' top lines and wondering why we aren't trying to shut them down instead. Still, as I said, that might be a faulty impression. I haven't been tracking matchups as closely this season.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote