View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
I don't know, I have more patience than even I expected. I'm not going to change my opinion of Girardi, Staal, Dubinsky or Callahan after a rough 1/3 of a season. It's too short sighted and its the same scapegoat mentality as always. I think the most pressing need is a true S.O.B. like Hollweg. I'm not upset that he's gone and we'd all love to have a guy like him with more skill, but beggers can't be choosers. I just want a guy that is willing to kill an opponent for even indicating that he will hurt one of our guys... a psychopath like Purinton. It's funny how everyone wants these guys in Siberia instead of on the Rangers while they're here, but we all miss them when they are gone and our guys are constantly victims. I'm even guilty of this mentality.

But I digress... this should be addressed first. Who knows, but it could be like Avery's arrival. The move could bring swagger, commraderie, confidence when the new nutjob puts down a Crosby in retaliation for Neil's hit. Maybe that is all that is needed. I'd change the attitude of the room before I cut bait on so many players with potential. I just figure that Higgins will get all of his misses out of the way now, why give another team all of his coming goals in a weak trade?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote