Old
11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Because hockeybuzz said so.

Jean-Francois Jacques would be a good lower type player.

Ryane Clowe is struggling on an offensive powerhouse like the Sharks. He's a big boy who does use his size and would be nice in the top 6, as size up front is something we're lacking.

Dustin Byfuglien - another big body who goes to the net. He's a bit of a gentle giant, but if need be, he will fight.

Andrew Ladd - Might not be an option since the hit on D'Agostini, but a big body with speed and some offensive touch.

Jack Skille - a good size player who could be a bit of a project like Pouliot.

Ben Eager - A goon that does what he's suppose to do and tough as well as being useful on the ice and has speed. Eager would also be a RFA and would allow us to trade, or waive Laraque.

Martin Hanzal - 6'5 big centre who is struggling in Phoenix this year. Would still cost a pretty penny, but could very well be worth it.

Ryane Clowe, or Martin Hanzal would be the biggest "Splash" if we got either one of them, but you don't need to trade the farm for one star player. We could sign one, or actually trade assets for one if we didn't have Gomez.

EDIT: David Backes would be nice too, but I think that might be the biggest pipe dream I've listed.
Why would they be pipedreams? I saw getting Pouliot as a pipedream not too long ago.

And somebody here (not you Analyzer, this is pointed at some people around here) has to explain to me why Habs players lose all value when they're in a slump, and lo and behold, guys like Backes, Horton and others don't lose any value when they're in a slump....

Lemme guess, the only difference is that players on other teams are always worth more, or something like that.

I never once thought we'd be able to get Pouliot without having to get rid of one of our better prospects, and Lats is not one of them.