View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
DVR'ing does get included in the ratings so you're not hurting the Yotes by doing so.
Yeah but it isn't counted the same either. They count in total audience but not the same as the live audience for advertising purposes. They use various metrics to devalue a DVR viewer.

I watch almost all of them live that I can, I just do other stuff during commercials. Ebay, visiting random websites, take a turn on a PC game, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
There was a study done some years ago that concluded that while few people actually like the commercials themselves, most people enjoy the TV shows more when there are commercials. That is, show one group a program interrupted by commercials at the appropriate act breaks and another group that same show without the interruptions, and the first group will report higher satisfaction with the show.
I think a lot of that is years of conditioning, but when I watch an hour show on a DVR I usually take a 5 minute break in the middle somewhere. Has about the same effect but on my own schedule.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote