View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1388 View Post
My point is this: I have a feeling that under Renney with this lineup we could have won at least 4 or 5 games that we have lost, improving us to 17-9-1, a whole lot better than 13-13-1.

Not perfect, but a lot better nonetheles...
Nah, 1-2-2, 2-1-2, an all out trap which is kind of like a 1-4 with your guys pressing the puck carrier (don't really see it anymore), or a 5-0 lol, the inevitable is really happening. No one. Not Jagr, Straka, Gretzky, Lindros, Gaborik,....etc...etc.., can save this team.

Keep Staal, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan, and MDZ on this team. I like Girardi too. A nice solid core there.

Then, contracts have to expire. Unless someone wants Drury or Rozsival. I doubt it. Every G.M. must get the giggles at night when they think of the Redden signing.

Thirdly, it's simple: the team has to build from within the organization. The draft is our best friend. Hope that out of Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh, Grachev..etc...(we all know the names) many of these kids pan out.

You make a Gaborik or Messier signing when your team is already a playoff caliber team.

Isn't this what the Devils do? If they continue doing what they're doing, I can almost guarantee they bring in that extra goal scorer, or defense man, or face off man to make a strong run in the playoffs.

I think Tortorella knows this team is screwed.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote