View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
arrbez
bad chi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Guess I'll start....

One thing that jumps out at me is that I think my second line will make an excellent match against St. Georges' top line. Down the middle Petrov isn't the fastest guy in the world, but he's faster than Stewart, and was quite heavy at over 200lbs (in the 70's). We all know that Gare is a fantastic defensive player, and I think a nice match against Reg Noble. And while you can never completely stop a guy like Lafleur, I at least a have a guy who can skate with him in Doug Bentley (also known as an excellent defensive winger). On top of ranging from good to great defensively, my second line has some serious offensive pop as well. On top of his Art Ross, Bentley led the NHL in goals twice, and assists twice (in 4 separate seasons). Vladimir Petrov led the Soviet League in scoring 5 times (more than anyone but Makarov). He also led the World Championships in scoring 4 times. As the lesser offensive player of the three, Danny Gare was still very impressive, twice scoring 50 and placing 1st and 5th in goal scoring while playing exclusively on a checking line. I have confidence in all of my lines to play in any situation, but i'll look to use home-ice to my advantage and try to get that matchup when possible in this series.

arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote