View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
NYRangers84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
How hard it is is a good question. However, a lot of people don't realize that Tom Renney didn't come to NY with this defense-first system ingrained in his coaching prospectus--he never coached that way in Juniors, with Team Canada or with Vancouver. He always stressed fundamental hockey, and good backchecking and positioning from his forwards, but the defense-first bit didn't start until he came here. Renney was able to adjust, so I'd assume Torts--he of the Stanley Cup resume--should be able to adjust as well.

I guess the question is will he...
Good post. I think when it comes down to fundamentals and having a sound game plan and system- Renney is a better coach. Renney was able to adjust to his roster like you said and have his team play a defense oriented system.. Tortorella on the other hand is trying to force a system upon a team that isn't capable of withstanding that style of play and unless either he adjusts (which I hope he does but I don't see it happening) or by some miracle the team steps it up completely, this team is in trouble

NYRangers84 is offline   Reply With Quote