View Single Post
Old
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Inferno, I don't even know what I'm advocating right now.

I just wanna see a respectable team again.
oh, believe me, im right there with ya bud lol.

My biggest problem here, is that, im not sure what our problem really is.

I mean, by and large the players are playing well, and for long stretches of time, but they make small mistakes here and there, and they ALWAYS seem to end up in the back of our net, and on the flip side, pucks just will not go in for them. Another 2 posts today, to add to what is im sure the lead league in iron for us.

Right now the only thing I can think of is to do what Joe Girardi did in the preseason last year. Take the guys away from the game, just get away, relax, regroup, and come out hungry.

Skip a practice and instead go play pool or something. I think we are just so nervous of effing up that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and...we eff up. Goalies are tight, and screwing up, forwards are tight, and screwing up...it just seems so mental with this team right now. Weve got a lot of time off now, I would get this team away from the rink for a few days and try to get them relaxed. You always play your best when you relax and let your instincts come through instead of overthinking it.

I also think a trade wouldnt hurt, but with seemingly every team in it, you have to figure nobody is really available unless its a lateral move at best.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote