Old
12-01-2009, 12:10 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Problem is I think Atlanta will try to hold on to Kovalchuk and Tampa is more logical.

I agree that Vinny's contract is longer and 100 more times horrible than Gomer's, but we'd be trading the same cap hit for a player who is PPG playing on the second line in TB. It would be an upgrade, and on Tampa's side they get a two-way center and 6 years off a long contract (and they don't have to pay 10 million per year in the next few years).

I would rather have Kovalchuk, but Vinny would definitely be an upgrade on Gomer as per our needs, as we already have a good two-way center in Plekanec, we need a big man in the middle on the top 6.
I agree with you, Kovalchuk would be a great player to have here, but he seems more out of reach than Vinny.

Stamkos has emerged as their #1 center, and Vinny is sitting on the 2nd line with 2 decent wingers. He'd be welcome here with open arms, and would definitely be an upgrade over Gomez. Vinny would be our #1 center, our 1a player that we've been craving. I think he would thrive with JM.

However am I the only one who thinks trading Gomez after 20 games is in poor taste? I mean we just got the poor guy and we ship him again? I duno, feels really awkward in my opinion.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote