View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Reds4Life
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
-Toppazzini is definitely a superior offensive player to Trevor Linden. No "size of league" or "quality of competition" argument can change that.
I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
I would think they could certainly outscore three guys whose career highs are 43 points (Madden), 26 points (Pahlsson), and 37 points (Maltby).

This is the second series where it's been suggested my 4th line will see limited minutes. I don't really view this as the case, I actually think they are among the best fourth lines in the draft. They are everything I want in a fourth line; they can score, are good defensively and have some grit, plus they had real life chemistry.

Kings of the Ice:

Yeah, your Russian line is pretty good..on a big rink. On a smaller rink, they will not be able to keep the puck for so long and pass anytime they want, so they will not be nearly as effective. Maltby is a proven winner with a wicked shot and a lot of grit. Madden is a Selke-winning speedy center and Pahlsson can shadow just about anyone and has a Cup too, and he was arguably playoff MVP in 07. Actually, my fourth liners have 7 Cups between themselves, they know what it takes to win. Your Russian line cannot match their defensive play. My 4th line is purely defensive, with some PK duties. I do not expect them to score much, but I expect them to bring very good defense and experience.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote