View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Yeah, your Russian line is pretty good..on a big rink. On a smaller rink, they will not be able to keep the puck for so long and pass anytime they want, so they will not be nearly as effective. Maltby is a proven winner with a wicked shot and a lot of grit. Madden is a Selke-winning speedy center and Pahlsson can shadow just about anyone and has a Cup too, and he was arguably playoff MVP in 07. Actually, my fourth liners have 7 Cups between themselves, they know what it takes to win. Your Russian line cannot match their defensive play. My 4th line is purely defensive, with some PK duties. I do not expect them to score much, but I expect them to bring very good defense and experience.
I'm not buying the smaller ice argument. We don't know they'd be less effective on a smaller rink. I actually don't think they'd have much of a problem as they weren't soft (Loktev loved the board work). The Russian Line doesn't have to match your fourth line defensively (although Almetov-Loktev makes a great PK unit), my third line is the shut down unit (plus I have Kris Draper on the roster; he's a better player than any of Madden, Pahlson, or Maltby).

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote