View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 08:47 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
With Gabby and Lundqvist, you can't go full on tank. I'd be thinking of moving assets on the cheap, and finally waiving Redden or Drury. Enough is enough, I'm starting to feel bad for you guys because of it!
True. We may still be officially in the playoff hunt with 3 weeks to go which will be more a testimony to Gaborik and Lundqvist than anything else. Too much of the team is disfunctional though and the D is very young. The solution is to get past or around the awful contractual mistakes of a couple years ago and to stay with their young even if it's very painful to watch right now. If the team collapses though the pressure will be on to make quick fixes which may be very damaging in the long term. They need to assess the future core group of the team and stay with them. As an example a guy like Higgins (though not old) is not necessarily a part of that group. He has to prove he's worthy of another contract--scoring chances aside if he can't start burying some of them there's no way I'd bring him back next year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote