View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Huddy
No 13 ; No 40 = NP

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy
Why don't the wings....

How come the Red Wings don't deal their prospects for other teams prospects??? The Wings have this amazing knack for finding talent in later rounds, finding players that fit their system, etc. I was just wondering why the Wings (considering how good their scout staff is) don't scout out players in AHL for potential trades. Perfect example is trying to send Cory Emmerton, Andy Delmore, Axelsson, etc to other teams in return for players that the wings can see fitting into their system in the future.

These players are good, but I know the Wings staff could do better to manage our prospects. The Wings have to be on of the short list of teams that actually keep their prospects, bc they have never had to trade them or use them. But its pretty apparent that players like Helm, Abdelkader, Lieno are 3rd 4th line career guys drafted by the Wings to support their system under NO CAP. Abdelkader and Helm both drafted before the salary cup were supposed to be used to support a wings team under no cap. Just like Draper and Maltby did back in their hay day, support the stars.. Now the wings are asking helm and abdelkader to "step up?"" Would Bowman ask Draper and Maltby to score goals back in the day?? UMM no..see where Im going w this..

Plain and simple. Its showing. Its showing bc Babcock rarely uses those guys in pressure situations and it just boggles my mind that the Wings couldnt trade away one of them for a power forward 6'2 6'3 type of guy. Its so freaking obvious that their prospects drafted before the cap was put in place that are now getting their shot, have no shot at staying on this team in the long run.

Any thoughts on this?