View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 08:47 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Let's say you will be proven wrong within 2 years and we both know it. The ceiling on Bobby Ryan is one of the ten highest in the league right now, maybe top five. He's still improving every week overall game wise, early scoring slump aside. The whole Ducks team has been in disarray, so his numbers have taken a hit. If you honestly think what you said is true, you're living somewhere I never want to be.
I think you are overrating Ryan just a little bit. I think he will become a very good goalscorer in this league. But to say that he will be a top 10 or even top 5 player in this league is a little ridiculous...especially coming from the wing position. He'd have to be ****ing amazing both offensively and defensively to be considered top 10 in my book.

A 30 goal-scorer with grit (think Corey Perry-lite), and a potential top pairing D-man is a lot to pay for 2nd year winger who hasn't set the world on fire this season. TBH, if we are giving up Coburn, I'd rather go after someone like Setoguchi, but I don't see that happening either.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote