View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Huddy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Helm was drafted Pre-Cap

I'm not sayin they dont fit their system, obviously they do bc the wings drafted them. All I am saying is that players such as Helm, Abdelkader, Axellson, and Tatar are all players who were drafted by the wings to be supporting cast for stars. Abedelkader and Helm may never anti up and its best to rid them now, before we are stuck w more Maltbys and Drapers.

Why not TRY and rid these players for one or two better prospects. I'm sure Atlanta wouldn't mind unloading E.Kane for Emmerton and Abdelkader (just a thought) and/or a trade w other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
The Wings don't have the kinds of prospects that teams give up assets for - big scoring forwards or big combo defensemen.

Other teams may be interested in the Wings' waves of smallish playmaking centers and smurf defensemen, and they'll pluck them off waivers if they get the chance. But they're not going to pay for them.
-I DO AGREE W THAT AND SEE WHERE YOUR GOING

@ HEATON--Emmerton and Axellsson if amounted to anything would have been called up this year instead of lol drew miller off of waivers. If they amounted to any potential Babcock wouldnt be switching Maltby w Eaves everyother game. NHL teams are starting to use their prospects on 3rd and 4th lines..Get rid of Maltby Draper and replace them w Tatar and Axellson and now you have a team..but until thats done Tatar, Axellson and Emmerton are a waste of talent in AHL and should either be traded away for better prospects, and or future draft pics

I fear that since Helm and Abdelkader are at best 3&4th line guys, that Tatar, Emmerton, and Axelson will be the same and never amount to anything while the org. relied on them to be something. mine as well try and do something w them b4 its to late