View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Here's my view on the series:

1st Line:
Cairo gets a very big edge here. They have one of the most dangerous lines of the draft, and Medicine Hat has a pretty weak one.

2nd Line:
Medicine Hat gets the edge here. They have one of the best 2nd line centers with solid 2-way wingers, and Cairo has a pretty mediocre line.

3rd Line:
Despite the fact I don't really like Wharram on a checking line, the Laprade and Walker combination is gold. Walker is one of the best defensive players ever, and he belongs in the Gainey/Ramsey debate. Medicine Hat just has a few decent 2-way players, but nobody who's going to shut people down.

1st Defense:
Based only on Potvin, Medicine Hat has the better unit. I'm not a big Rugalin fan - he's so slow, and he's got Cyclone Taylor and Teemu Selanne coming at him. I'd be heading up his side every single time!

2nd Defense:
Cairo has a much stronger pair. Pulford was a dominant defenseman in his time, and Mortson, Desjardins, and Carlyle were good, but not close to dominant.

Goalie:
Billy Smith is better in the play-offs than regular season, and Glenn Hall is probably a little worse. Doesn't matter. Hall is so much better than Smith that this remains a mismatch.

Coaching:
I think Toe Blake is over-rated a little bit, so I'd call the coaching a wash.

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote