View Single Post
Old
12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Leafs Forever

vCash: 500
Glenn Hall vs Billy Smith

At the end of the day, I didn't have time to go and defend those Glenn Hall series, but here is my main defence of him in Detroit series that should, I hope, open the mind that the team in front of him was also at fault. The post I quote also shows this somewhat as well.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...6&postcount=47

But as Dreak noted, although Glenn hall gets a little worse off, it's not so dramatic. He has a conn smythe trophy; he back stopped his team to numerous final appareances; he lowered his GAA by nearly half a goal in that Chicago cup run. And the quotes in the post I show here do show he could come up in the clutch and do well. Glenn Hall drops off slightly on the info we have now(but when I get the time, perhaps over that christmas break, I will try and find the answers), but I don't feel it's by much. And it's been mentioned, but Hall was as often the underdog in his series as the favorite; Smith played behind one of the greatest dynasties of all time. And when the hugely massive gap between these two in the regular season (again, 11t post-season all-star teams vs 1), despite Billy Smith's rise in the playoffs, I think Hall still has a signifigant edge here.

Leafs Forever is offline   Reply With Quote