View Single Post
Old
12-02-2009, 12:10 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats what makes it all the more frustrating Lev.

Wasnt Torts supposed to be the guy to march in here and get the most out of the offense? He hasnt.

And I believe Torts has a personnel problem just like Renney, although a less dismal one with Gaborik in the fold. Yet, guys are still underperforming. Its just strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yup, but the players inexplicably cannot score even though they were given more free reign. That is the confusing part...maybe it's roster turnover, I don't know, but it's not like there's something holding these guys back, and again, I think it's more that they cannot win battles and cycle the puck at all. And those are things you'd think guys like Callahan should be good at, but not so much this year for some inexplicable reason
Strange? Inexplicable?

There's nothing strange about it, and it can be explained very easily. There is no one on the team to get these players the puck. Simple as that. No mystery. I can't fathom how people have a hard time grasping this notion. A team full of grinders can't score goals without playmakers. It isn't going to happen on any team, under any coach, or in any system.

Every player on the squad who is "under-performing" has yet to display the ability to create offense for themselves in this league. All have flourished while playing with more skilled players. The fact that they can't produce without skill players to complement is hardly surprising, strange, mysterious, inexplicable, etc.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote