Old
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
I do have a question.
Is it league-wide policy that all official in-game activities have to stop when the puck drops and cannot resume until the next break in play? Because it would suck if they get the fans into it, and get a good cheer going, only to have it snipped off with the next faceoff. If it is policy, then it really has to be up to the crowd to get it going and keep it sustained, and that is difficult. Really, the best we can expect is "Lets...go...Jack...ets...clap-clap-clap-clap-clap."
Im pretty sure thats the rule. Every NHL arena I have been to has followed this policy.

But you dont have to worry about it getting snipped off because the Boom Jackets dont get the crowd into it. In fact, they have the opposite effect.

If Game Ops puts up the right things on the jumbotron the crowd will follow suit, even after it goes off the screen. For example, I love the whole "How Bad Do You Want It Columbus" and they start playing Right Now by Van Halen. Crowd goes nuts and keeps it up throughout play.

Lets Go Jackets is better than nothing. I would like to hear that constantly or just flat out noise, people standing and going nuts. The Wash Caps, didnt have many chants but they were just loud.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote