View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Vito Andolini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipo
if he "jumped" on the ice to trott's disbelief, then he should have been benched the next game... if sather didn't allow trott's to bench him, then trotts should have resigned... there's your problem... not messier... the coaching and management...
Wait a second now Pipo, I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. Most people on this board are weeeellll aware of how incompetent our management is. It's their fault for signing a 4th liner to a 3 million plus contract, but I think you are missing our point here. That as a "leader", when you know your skills have dimished to point where you are a shadow of the player you once were, maybe your job should be as a teacher, and not a performer. Leader means putting the team first, not your individual accolades. I don't think any of us would dispute that Mark is a winner, but what ever happened to going out with a little integrity?

And as for your comment about Trots...how do you think it would reflect on a 1st year coach to resign and effectively quit on his team? Trots is a very classy individual, and if it were any other coach who was fired midseason last year on our team, we wouldn't be speculating on what was going on in the locker room. They woulda blabbed to the papers about how this organization is run a$$ed backwards.