View Single Post
Old
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I think Santorelli better find his way onto the score sheet. tick tock.

I do think we might want to try Hornqvist back on the top line. He is just a waste elsewhere. Against the Flames our top line had a total of 2 shots on goal COMBINED. And both of those came from Sully.
My point is that Santorelli/Hornqvist/O'Reilly will not consistently produce when combined together on the third line and given limited minutes. Expecting them to do so is naive on Trotz's part. If they weren't giving the effort, that would be one thing. All that said, I don't think he has any expectations of the sort. I think he's just hiding them at this point. It will be telling if the swap Santorelli and O'Reilly and have a third line of O'Reilly-Hornqvist and somebody. If so, that shows he's really not ready to give any of those guys another shot and is going to ride two lines hard. Expect more streaky play with longer losing streaks deeper into the season as the veterans tire.

Doesn't mean they will produce if you break them as I suggested either (chemistry plays a large part). I just think they have a better chance to succeed.

Then again, maybe they can succeed in another system like Peverly.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote