View Single Post
Old
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The thing about Bartulis is that he's so unnoticeable out on the ice, which is a great thing. I think he's going to be a Marcus Ragnarsson type of defenseman in that he's always going to make the safe play and he's going to be very poised and calm on the ice. Honestly, I think Bartulis might eventually be a solid number 3 guy just because of the fact he is so calm and poised.
I noticed him watching the Flyers play live far more than I did on television, for a few reasons.

A: He got turned around on a play after a turnover in the neutral zone. He went to pivot to try to play the forward face-to-face, but realized the guy had to much speed, and in a nice bit of skating, turned back around and was able to sweep check the puck away from the guy with out taking a penalty. Showed a good accurate stick, good skating and decent acceleration.

B: I talk to my D a lot when I play (goalie) and our seats were just to the right of Emery's net for two periods. I noticed I was mumbling things at the Flyers a lot of the game ("wheel", "time", "same boards", "give him a pass" etc.). Bartulis (and Pronger and Timonen) was always a step ahead of me in terms of seeing stuff. It was pretty impressive considering they were at ice level.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote