View Single Post
12-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Global Moderator
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Good series, Devil, and congratulations on advancing. I can't say I'm surprised at the result. Nalyd and I wanted to try building a team the opposite way from what has previously been successful in the ATD (ie. top goalie, no top defensemen), and it turned out to be pretty difficult. Appropriate, I suppose, that we went down to the team with perhaps the greatest 1st pairing in ATD history.

For my part, I really felt my interest waning this time around, which is a shame because I'd have liked to have been more a part of the process with all the new blood that showed up for ATD#12. On the other hand I no longer have the time I once had for it, so my apathy is probably for the best.

Good luck, Devil.
I'll admit that I did read your thread on past ATD champions before putting together my team. As I saw you start your team with Esposito and then not pick a dman until the 4th round, I thought you were purposely taking on a greater challenge. And you almost made it work - a loss in a razor-thin 7 game series.

By the way, I had no idea that posting a link to the Contrarian Goaltender's "study" would result in such a thorough smackdown of him, but I did enjoy it.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote