View Single Post
Old
12-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I'll admit that I did read your thread on past ATD champions before putting together my team. As I saw you start your team with Esposito and then not pick a dman until the 4th round, I thought you were purposely taking on a greater challenge. And you almost made it work - a loss in a razor-thin 7 game series.

By the way, I had no idea that posting a link to the Contrarian Goaltender's "study" would result in such a thorough smackdown of him, but I did enjoy it.
When it comes to analysis, I dislike extremes. TCG represents the hyper-rational side of the coin, which to me is no better than the anti-rational. As a sort of economist, I have a good deal of experience with statistics and how they apply to human behavior, and I know overambitious analysis when I see it. Only a utopian or a fool approaches a statistical analysis of human behavior with any assumption other than that it is highly irrational, unpredictable and multi-faceted. TCG is really not so bad, but he could use a dose of humility.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote