View Single Post
Old
12-04-2009, 03:58 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
I don't believe in selling low so I'd move Carter over moving Gagne/Briere. In return I would want a scoring winger with good balance and stick skills (we suck on the cycle) and possibly some extras to move at the deadline for a good rental to give us that extra depth I think is vital for us to challenge for the cup.
(Bobby Ryan+ which I mentioned in another thread would be ideal but probably won't happen)
Other than him and prospects/fringe players/picks I don't see who we could move to improve.

And yeah I think now is the time to bring in a new coach, Stevens had his chance last year. I really think we were a better team than Pit for 80% of the time in last years playoffs yet that 20% and some bad luck killed us..
We need someone who keep the players on their toes and helps us perform consistently..
Carter for Bobby Ryan and Todd Marchant (assuming we get an extension on Ryan)

Hartnell Giroux Briere
JVR Richards Ryan

When Gagne comes back either JVR or Hartnell move to the 3rd line with Marchant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
As much as some of us are getting annoyed at Carter this year (myself included), I do feel that it'd be one of the stupidest moves to try and move him. He was second in goals last year and really isn't having that terrible of a season...we are just expecting more from him. I think trading away a guy who was second in goals the prior year is just a flat out mistake...maybe I'm wrong.

Cote, Asham, Pyo, Tollefsen is who I'd consider....however, I'm not sure we'd get great return for any of them. Gagne is a tough one because as much as I consider him a career flyer, I just feel like he doesn't look as motivated as he used to look. I think he really needs to play with a great center/playmaker which I feel we have in Briere and Giroux, but for some reason it didn't seem to work....Gagne used to look as if he would try to "take control" of a game and I don't feel that way anymore. That said, I don't know if we'd get a good enough return to trade him away.

Kinda thinking we leave things the way they are :/
I think the only reason anyone would consider Carter "expendable" is because he is going to have much more value in trade than say Gagne or Briere.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote