Thread: Mike york
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Laches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Because never in my life has seen such a love affair and crying and moaning about a guy who is a "nice" but not earth shattering second line player and one who as numbers and watching shows cannot play down the stretch.

But again who is arguing that point? How many times have i said that i don't think either player is a guy who does that? How many times have i said i wouldn't build around either? You're arguing with me a point i am not making here.

Who is defending poti? I've never once favored or defended poti. the thread was about york and quickly it turned into a lamenting about york thread. I've even said i wouldn't trade york for poti. What I HAVE said is that York is overrated. But no one seems to be replying to that, instead i'm talking about a point i never even made.

And that's a difference in opinion there. I think a player who drops off that dramatically, especially in terms of goals has a big flaw attatched to him. i never said i'd take it over poti's or that poti is better, but i am not going to get wishy washy over a player with that big of a flaw. it's like fletch said, effort is great but if he wears down than he wears down. He is a nice/good second or third line player but the amount of coversation he gets is a bit much. That was my original point, nothing more. if someone disagrees with me on that, that is okay by me. But i can't argue a point i never made which is what i've been doing for two pages now.

---And I acknowledged earlier that York is overrated by some. I guess you're just trying to provide balance to the overhyping by being overly critical and making hyperbolic statements about how he "simply cannot play down the stretch".