View Single Post
Old
09-22-2003, 01:57 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Just what we need, another aging forward. No thanks.
I think this guy can help the Leafs.........he's got a pretty impressive resume..........Stanley Cups with Edmonton and the Rangers.........only missed 16-games in the last 8-years and 5 of those 8-seasons he played in all 82-games...he's a very durable hockey player.....he's from Toronto and he's one of those guys that will do anything to win..........He's been through the playoff Wars before and knows what has to be done to go all the way..........I sense that this is a Leafs team that is trying to make the BIG PUSH for the Cup for this season........and if that doesn't work then the following season (OR after the Labour Dispute) we will see the Leafs I Feel go through with their rebuilding mode and go ahead with the Youth movement.............

Graves is also a local guy from the Toronto area.........he would be pumped just like Nieuwendyk currently is to be playing back home in front of family and friends...........He's a very tough gritty player that would fit in nicely with some of the other guys we already have like Tucker, Domi, Marchment, etc..........