View Single Post
Old
12-05-2009, 11:00 PM
97FlyersKing18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
They absolutely believed it. If they didn't, some help would have been acquired and the season which shall not be named never would have happened. Instead, the brass expected these kids to perform like all stars in their SECOND year.

And since this is a Stevens thread, good luck dude. The fit wasn't right here, but I do think Stevens could become a good coach some day.
I understand what you are saying, but why bring in a center for 6 years if you think both Carter and Richards will flourish the NEXT year? I am happy with what Briere has brought to this team, he has unique skills and really helped us go deep in the playoffs Drafting a player in the first round normally means the player will be a major player on the team and most likely the face of the franchise, so they had high hopes and the years before showed trends toward greatness.

I don't think Stevens should have been fired mid-season, being as the last time we did that, the season that shall not be named occurred. I think this team has more talent than that team though. Like it or not, Stevens should have been fired before the year or we should have stuck with him until the offseason, being that our team is now in total 100% disarray. I will reserve judgment (erase today from my mind because he had 1 practice with the team and the players were nervous as hell) and I really hope the grass is indeed greener on the other side. However, I think Laviolette needs to bring in players that he wants, which means we will most likely end up losing some of our assets for pennies on the dollar.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote