View Single Post
Old
12-06-2009, 01:27 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Well, I wanted to do a line by line comparison, but it looks like I won't have time before votes are due.

So I'll just say one more thing - it looks to me like Inglewood only has one line that can handle Bobby Orr - the second line. Bentley and Gare are fantastic defensive forwards, despite the fact that Petrov is average over the course of his career.

I already covered the third line - Bobby Holik is slow, there's no evidence as to Smith's defense, and Curry can't carry the line by himself.

But the first line too. Nighbor is one of the best defensive players of all time. But Babe Dye is one of the worst. Babe Dye, with his lack of skating and lack of effort, is by far the worst defensive player in the series. Nighbor is good enough to cover for Dye 100%, but combined with Mahovlich (who i'd rate a zero on defense), that still makes the line a zero. Just for comparison, I'd rate NJ's first line a zero on defense too (Iginla is a slight positive, Kariya a slight negative, Malone an unknown).

Once again, NJ's shut down unit (Lewis-Mosdell-Doan-Savard-Orr) is better than our opponents.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote