View Single Post
Old
12-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
As an outside observer, I think Holmgren has put together a team with serious talent and depth, everywhere other than in goal. If you guys trade for a top-flight goalie talent, as a Pens fan I would lose some sleep over that.

Firing Stevens was a smart move, but beyond that I don't think this is a management problem. I think maybe you've got some problems in the locker-room (Emery or maybe Pronger would be my first guess but it's just a guess; those two are a bit of a loose canon... I can see either one of them barking at teammates or saying something at the wrong time). That or something that's distracting your guys. Too many nights out with Hartnell at the local pole-dancers club?

Much as I hate to admit it, I can't see how your team won't finish as one of the best in the East once this funk shakes out a bit. Maybe a decent sized trade in the works to shake things up / send a message? Have a look at some mediocre Western teams with cap room and see which brand names are underachieving over there... Flyers seem like the perfect candidate for a shake-up trade where both teams get good assets that need a change of scenery. I can't say I wish you success but it's hard to see how you will avoid it in the long run. It's a long season and your future -with guys like Richards, Carter, JVR and Giroux in the mix- looks pretty bright from where I sit.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote