Thread: Speculation: Rangers looking shake up the team
View Single Post
Old
12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
jimmythescot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am not sold on Demitra. Is he a good fit with Gabby?

Who isn't a good fit with Gabby?

If we got Demitra, would Prospal be "freed" up for a 2nd line? I am not at all 100% sold on that Demitra could replace Vinny on the 1st line. I think people are underestimating Prospal's work with Gabby. Like Nylanders work with Jagr. It seems like Gabby is fantastic and Prospal and co is just hanging around for the ride and picking up free points, but IMO Prospal have been spectacular and a big reason for why Gabby is doing so well.

And Demitra is a sniper, not a playmaker. I do not think he in any way or form is a good fit with like Chris Drury...
1. Demitra and Gaborik played for the Wild and (when they actually played) they were a great fit.
2. They're best buds. If the Sedins hadn't resigned, there is a very real possibility that Gaborik would be in Vancouver right now.
3. What on earth makes you think Demitra is a sniper? In the last two years he's had 35 goals and 72 assists in 137 games.

I'm not sure I want him to go because he is so versatile, and would make an amazing upgrade on Wellwood for the 3rd line centre (assuming Grabner doesn't come back cold)

jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote