View Single Post
Old
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Please know that the authors of both articles referred to in this thread have a KHL bias, and that it is very easy to frame questions and make quotes look like something other than what they are intended when translated.

While I have no doubt that Filatov had problems with the amount of ice time that he received in Columbus, I would be hard-pressed to believe that he meant to denigrate Ken Hitchcock in the way it looked in the article. Hitch is extremely well regarded and making such comments will only hurt him in the long run.

As for Grachev, he is at this point a big part of the Wolf Pack offense, and needs to continue to play at this level. Plus, just thinking (no particular info here), but, if I was the Rangers I would not want my potential future star hanging out with Filatov or anyone else who could try to lure him away with money or anything else. Although Grachev may be somewhat unhappy about this decision, its just not worth it from the Rangers point of view. Now had there been a transfer agreement in place, that would be a different story, but under the current situation, no way would I allow him to be in that environment.
Why not try to bring Filatov here? I voted let him go, but changed my opinion after reading your arguments.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote