View Single Post
Old
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I only see one skill in Carter - his wrister.

He is not particularly fast. He doesn't have great moves. He dioesn't stickhandle well. He isn't tough enough fro the front of the net. He isn't a good passer. He has no backhand to speak of.

What else is there?
Carter has excellent speed -- to the point where he can break away pretty well. His problem is that when he does get away, he tries his one move and it rarely works. He also has decent moves when he curls off of the boards.

I know you don't like Carter and I understand -- his gutless final play of the playoffs last year pissed me off to no end -- but be honest about what he brings to the table. He's one of the team's best skaters, he has a fantastic shot, and he can pull off moves around defenders. The problem is that he, like the Flyers for the last couple of years, is remarkably inconsistent in terms of complete play. When he is on his game, he has the ability to be the most dominant player on our roster, next to Pronger. The problem is getting that consistent play out of him, and that comes from practice and hard work.

Hopefully, Laviolette -- a new, outside party -- will be able to reach him. I get incredibly frustrated with both Hartnell and Carter (for different reasons), but I don't think we should give up on them yet.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote