Thread: Speculation: Rangers looking shake up the team
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Go back to the 1st post in this thread -- Ranger Boy nailed it when he said that Demitra and Gaborik DID NOT mesh in Minneapolis. I watched that dance up close for two years and I can tell you that the door couldn't hit Demitra in the ass quick enough when his contract was up. He's a shadow of the player he was 6-7 years ago and everyone in the league -- including Sather -- knows it.

And another point -- you need to start here by applying the Garrioch discount to anything he writes. He's really no better or more reliable than Eklund as a source.

Sure Sather wants to ignite the team. And sure he's working the phones. I'm guessing he's trying to find teams that want to make moves now rather than wait. I'll never try to guess the exact deals he is trying to make but three logical trading partners right now are 1. St. Louis (their defense handles the puck like it is a grenade and they have several pieces that could help the Rangers. This could be a landing spot for Bobby Sanguinetti if the Rangers are so inclined), 2. Edmonton (You've got the Renney factor and a need to shake things up. Would they take Rozsival? Would the Rangers take Souray?) and 3. Carolina (Sather and Jim Rutherford are regular trading partners and the Hurricanes seem to be resigned to competing for the first overall draft choice) There are a lot of teams that are still waiting to see where their teams shake out before making any deals.

Should be an interetsing few weeks.

Last edited by bobbop: 12-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote