View Single Post
Old
12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Wait.... Horton and Sharp are superstars?????

And the other day I read someone on a Cammy thread who said Cammy is a star but not a superstar.

Semantics's une chienne, isn't it?

First don't try to make an argument by comparing trying to get Kovalchuk, with trying to get a guy like Sharp or Horton. Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that GMs need to pay up when they are in "get" mode. But its not as simplistic as that. Most of them hold their poker hand close to their chest, and trades are often bizarre because of needs and who's pursuing who or what, depending on all sorts of situations.

For Sharp and Horton, the price won't be the same as for a guy like Kovalchuk, even if he is a soon-to-be UFA.
Horton and Sharp are NOT superstars, but Kovalchik is and that's who I was referring to and why I made the distinction in a seperate paragraph. Those situations and the trade assets surronuding them are obviously different from one another but the fan mentality is the same. That's why every trade proposal is eerily similiar from the Habs perspective. Need I remind you of the Higgins + Halak and a 2nd for ..... ongoing joke rumors. It's always our spare parts for the other teams key players.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote