View Single Post
Old
12-07-2009, 06:04 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Why do people give this much of a ****? I mean, Carcillo ****ed up, no doubt about it. However, I think at least part of this goes back to Stevens letting things slide and slide and slide. How many damn times did we scream "LEARN SOME DISCIPLINE!" at the same players over the past few years? I'd bet cash money that Hartnell, Briere, and Coburn have all cost us points with dumb penalties at bad times during the game. Is Briere committing a stick infraction in a close game in the 3rd period (which I bet has happened loads of times) that much stupider than what Carcillo did?

Yet everyone wants to take a dump on Carcillo because he has a reputation, because we traded Upshall for him, and because he's not as good as most players on the team.

Look, I'm not a Carcillo fan, but he's played pretty well this season, he's drawn a ton of penalties without taking too many moronic ones himself and is/was a part of a very effective checking line with Betts and Lappy. I think what he needs is a coach who knows how to instill some discipline (not Stevens/Gretzky) into his game, I loved what Laviolette said right afterwards. Carcillo has the potential to be a pretty effective pest, hopefully Laviolette sees that and tries to get him there.
I really agree 100% with what you said all around but the bloded part is true. People are looking for a scapegoat and they found him. Briere, hartnell and Coburn all have a bad habit of taking penalties at the wrong time, and that costs the team as well.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote