View Single Post
Old
12-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Lomark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Dude. There is a difference between grit and being a reckless ****** on the ice. HUGE difference. Otherwise people woundn't have said anything last year when all those other Flyers took suspensions. Being strong and powerful and being a small reckless scrapper are not the same thing.

The situation is not being blown out of proportion, or else their wouldnt be threads with multiple pages of people defending and crucifying the guy. Just because YOU think this is being overblown doesnt mean that it is in fact being overblown.

There is a HUGE difference between Jeff Carter and Dan Carcillo. That difference is near point per game play compared to some 4th liner scraper who has maxed out with 24 points in an entire season and sits in the box on AVERAGE 4-5 mins A GAME.

God, you complain about this team not scoring and seem to think Dan Carcillo more so then Jeff Carter is going to change that? Jeff Carter gets some leeway because he is one of the top centers in the game. Everyone gets cold and I want to see Carter improve, but for gods sakes man, who would you trade Jeff Carter for? Some lesser player who looks like he is trying harder but doesnt score as many points as Jeff Carter ever will? Because that doesnt help us, that makes our scoring problem even more serious.

Give me the star shooter over some hard working nobody. The shooter may be a little weak right now and not playing well, but Jeff Carter helps this team win more games then Carcillo, and that is unlikely to EVER change.

Our top 6, defense and horrible goaltending has led this team to losses, def, but Carcillo is a nobody and he is a role player. He should do his role and draw more penalties then he takes. He ****ed that up royally on Saturday and put the team in an almost unwinnable situation stuck on the PK for that long and getting buried that early.

Anaheim-Getzlaf
Atlanta-
Boston-Savard
Buffalo-
Calgary-
Carolina-Staal
Chicago-Toews
Colorado-
Columbus-
Dallas-Richards
Detroit-Datsyuk (Zetterberg when he plays center)
Edmonton-
Florida-
Los Angeles-Kopitar
Minnesota-
Montreal-(Cammalleri when he plays center)
Nashville-Arnott
New Jersey-
Islanders-
Rangers-
Ottawa-Spezza
Phoenix-
Pittsburgh-Crosby, Malkin, Staal
San Jose-Thornton, Marleau
St. Louis-
Tampa Bay-Stamkos, Lecavalier
Toronto-
Vancouver-Sedin
Washington-Bäckström

That's 20 centers on 30 teams who are better hockey players than Jeff Carter. And I left one or two out just to save myself some flaming.
Now go ahead and dig out some stat sheets to prove you're right and I'm wrong...

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote