View Single Post
Old
12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
Thanks guys. So is it safe to say Blunden the best of this bunch?
I don't think its safe per say. Personally I think Blunden and Wilson are the best of the bunch, I like both an equal amount. But if you ask CSB, then Lawrence is the best of the bunch by far

Boomhower described Blunden pretty well. He's a safe bet, good hands around the net, solid and physical. His upside is a solid second line banging winger. He should be somewhere around a late first rounder this year I would think.

Wilson, I'm going to disagree with on Boomhower. The couple times I've seen Wilson, I've never noticed his skating as being a general weakness. He's no Jay Bouwmeester, but he's no Mitch Maunu either. Wilson also struck me as a pretty good stickhandler too. But you are correct, his offensive instincts arent that high, and he picks and chooses the wrong times for rushing. He's physical though and I think he's got all the tools to be a very good defenseman. He's got potential IMO. I think he's got a good bet to be a second rounder, even if CSB doesn't agree (because they left him off their list).

Lawrence. I don't see much in him. Sure he's got raw skills, but his skills have been raw since he joined the OHL. He hasn't progressed at all and we are stilllllllll waiting for him to put everything together. I could see a team taking a flyer on him if they really dare to and believe that with their coaching staff he could become a player, but I wouldn't count on it.