View Single Post
Old
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
greech

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to greech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlepisto View Post
One other question about pads...I assume that whatever I buy, new or used, should have leather straps? It's difficult for me to be able to tell which pads are "pro" and which are "senior" because a lot of people talk about their pro pads costing 1200-1400 new...but I see some pads that say "Senior" that have an MSRP around 1100 or 1200 and are on sale for like 600-800. Being that many of the nicer used pads are about 500-650, I figured buying a new pair that are in that range wouldn't be bad, but maybe I'm just still aiming too low in price.

I assumed that leg pads down around the 400 and lower mark are the ones you want to keep away from, but the ones upwards of 800 are what I should be looking at. I know GoalieMonkey.com has been said to sell cheapo imports from Asia of some pads, mainly the lower end ones, and just has the logos of the big brands on them, but what price range would signify a pro level, or quality senior level pad? I'm trying to decide if I can really save buying used, if I want something I can grow with, because I'm not physically growing any further.

Sorry for all the questions. I read reviews but it's a bit hard to understand how they relate to me...and I'd rather not be one of those people who just puts links up to every potential deal they find and expect amazing quality and answers. lol.
Senior also helps designate the pads from a youth or intermediate pad. The senior can designate size or quality of pad. There's no need to go and get brand new, pro level pads. It would be a waste of money. If you are trying for the first time, spend the least amount possible. Go look for overstocked closeouts or used stuff. Don't skimp on the helmet or cup. Skates are the most important part of your gear, that is one thing you just cannot order online. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

greech is offline   Reply With Quote