View Single Post
Old
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Ovechkid08

vCash: 500
Koivu has had a much different development path then Stastny and has steadily been improving each year on the offensive end. In that 57 game season he was on an amazing hot streak until Ohlund came along. Last year he was left alone to carry the offense with Miettinen as his best winger, and he performed amazingly well, going PPG for the first 45 games of the season. He hit a cold streak with the team when everyone started getting injured last year (like Burns) and that is what prevented him from really racking up the points. Stastny has played with much better offensive linemates, but I think that linemates can be a stupid argument. I would like to state that the reason I chose Koivu is because of his tremendous defensive abilities and the aspects that he brings to the team that I just don't think Stastny brings to the Avalanche. Koivu's defense is far superior, not a knock on Stastny who is very solid, but Koivu is Selke worthy and will probably win some Selkes if the Wild actually come onto people's radars soon. Koivu has been the leader on this team for a long time and has earned every second of ice time that he gets. A consummate team player and a work ethic that seems to inspire the players around him. The Wild's record without Koivu is horrid and much worse than it ever was without Gaborik. Their is a reason that Koivu has earned the nickname "franchise" around his teammates and fans. Koivu is a player that brings his all every game and, while Stastny may have more innate talent, I believe that Koivu is one of the best in the game when it comes to decision making and maximizing the talent that he has.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote