View Single Post
Old
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Yeah, I read that article the other day, pretty interesting stuff. Going back beyond the Lindros trade, that might have to be the next big possibility of what could have been that really has to make one wonder. No one would've wanted to see Propp traded of course, but garnering Neely in return certainly would've softened the blow. And while Propp certainly went on to have some good years in a Flyers uniform afterwards...that was I guess right around the time his production started to dip. I believe all his best years came before that trade would've been made.

All in all though, who knows if it would've had that much of an overall impact on the team. I mean, I at least don't think it could've been to a point where you could be talking about multiple cups. In the late '80's, you'd have had Neely being a big contributor, but you'd be missing Propp's contributions which were still very significant. And in the early '90's, the team needed more than a Neely to make them a contender.

^^^And speaking of Keenan, I thought he did a pretty bang up job on VS tonight. I wouldn't have expected him to be so comfortable...they should try and bring him on permanently.

Also, I'm not exactly an old-timer, but I pondered this anyway...hope that's allowed.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote