Thread: System
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Hmmm, I haven't noticed much of a change with the breakouts, I'll have to look out for that. Though, I always thought most people greatly exaggerated the way breakouts were done under Stevens. Sure, the stretch pass was utilized, but there were plenty of times that the breakouts were done under Stevens in line with the way it's being described as now being down under Lavi. Perhaps there are other differences attributing to the enhanced success? Either way, tough to decipher now...I'm sure it'll be easier to comment on after a few weeks of Lavi's tenure.

Lavi is going to have to be his nickname for sure...who the hell has the time to type Lavioiliollioilettte?
Pay attention to the options guys have coming out of the zone...before we were always so spread out that if you got immediately checked you were trying to make a really hard pass, because you didn't have support. Right off the bat we're seeing much more cohesive breakouts with guys supporting one another.

And, hell, the biggest change we've seen? The forwards and D never get great separation. Already you're seeing them drop the puck back within the neutral zone to the other side to find open ice and get the puck into the offensive zone...tough to do previously because that D was routinely still back in our own zone...it was just the forwards and we'd skate into a turnover...wash, rinse, and repeat.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote