View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I think that's a good and realistic offer.

After all, if I was building a young team that intends to contend in 3-4 years, I'd plan on dealing a potential core young player for a recently available UFA (who I didn't bid on) who will retire in 3-4 years.

Adding in D'Agostini seals the deal since I'd be the winner short-term with Spacek and long-term potentially as D'Agostini could pot 15-20 goals. If he can't score that much, then at least he'd do so for the next 3-4 season on my farm club.
you don't think Spacek has a little more value than that? Mueller was an 8th overall pick in 06, but outside of his rookie year he has not been very good... he's no longer waiver exempt so you'd have to keep him in the lineup.

I'm not a fan of having Spacek for 2 more years @ almost 4M$, but despite his early struggles he's started to pick up his play and is proving to be useful, if a little overpaid.

I'd think he should be enough straight up... so i wonder why you'd think we would have to "sweeten the pot" with D'ago...

is it because you value Mueller that much, or because you are even more unimpressed with Spacek (and his contract) than I am?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote