View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 12:57 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Yeah but you have to consider a couple things, A) we have no assets to give up and B) the last thing we need is any more contracts for next year and years beyond.

I also think that outside of FOs (which is to be accepted), Pyro's done a really good job at 3rd line C, it's not his job to score goals right now, but he's doing a nice job creating some offense and playing good D and PK.

The FOs have lost some importance considering that Richie seems to have made some strides in that area and even Carter is hovering about 50% right now.
I don't really want to see a move made, but if the Flyers are indeed trying to win now, they'll probably have to make a depth acquisition.

There are always depth guys available near the deadline, many of whom are on expiring contracts that don't require large price tags; that's the kind of player that I would like to see added, should the Flyers make a move.

Pyro's done a decent job and may continue to do so, but I'd still rather see the Flyers acquire an experienced depth centre that has been through the playoff grind.... if a move was to be made.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote