Old
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Not really, as noted by the follow up:
Well, CF88 can correct me if I'm wrong, but to me, he basically said, in so many words, what you said. And I took his "you might have something there" as tongue-in-cheek, as he had already touched on that.

He said, "The puck support from the defensemen under Lavi is noticeable and has helped prevent rush-ending turnovers that were common under Stevens." You closed your point with, "Basically, they've paid better attention to the gap..."

Puck support from the defenseman as the team moves up the ice, and closing the gap...you're essentially both talking about the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Define "significant," because it isn't like they're reinventing how you play the sport of hockey. There really aren't "significant" differences between what teams do in general, it's just nuance that has important ramifications.
Exactly, and while they might previously have generally been using a stretch pass to a normal breakout 40/60....it might now become closer to 20/80. Obviously, that's very loose...but generally, it's pretty much the same stuff, now being done with a little more or less frequency. And again, let's note that we're dealing with quite a small sample here...let's see how things shake out over the next few weeks.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote