View Single Post
Old
12-09-2009, 03:06 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Ha, ok...well, as I've noted, a big change hasn't been noticeable to me in the defensive zone in these few games, but I'll be sure to look out for it more. I still think the forwards often got back plenty low in the D-zone under Stevens, yet it went largely overlooked as people focused more on what was more out of the norm, which was at times forwards floating out and looking for the stretch pass.
Exiting the zone didn't look any different to me last night (from earlier this season), either, but the breakout will be more consistent if the forwards are closing the gap for that first pass. If they are coming back to help the defensemen, they're not blasting out of the zone looking for a stretch pass each time... so that'd certainly be an improvement.

The problem they need to address going forward is consistency. The breakout was excellent, in my opinion, until the game in Los Angeles when they were completely shut down for the first two periods. Ever since that game, the breakout looked erratic and uncontrolled, much like it has for the past couple of seasons. The hope is that Lavi gets, and keeps, all the players on the same page so we don't see stretches where the five skaters look like five individuals as has been common with the Flyers.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote